Thursday, January 7, 2010

Simon and Ellen Speak Out For the First Time

We’ve all been waiting for it and now here it finally is…the first interview with Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres. And you can read it in this week’s “Entertainment Weekly” which hits stands this Friday…

Here’s an interesting excerpt courtesy of the fine folks at "EW":


EW: Many Idol fans really had the knives out when Kara DioGuardi joined the judges’ panel last year. Are you scared that there will be negativity directed at you, Ellen?


DeGeneres: Yeah, sure. And I understand it. I was one of those people that was skeptical, like, “Why are they adding a fourth judge? I don’t understand this.” But I do think that Kara adds a lot to the show now. And also, it’s not just a new judge. It’s a new judge in the place of someone that they loved. I mean, a lot of people loved Paula, and I don’t want to be the person that took Paula’s job away from her. Which I wasn’t. I’m not going to be able to please everyone. I gave up trying to do that a long time ago

Cowell: Join the club.

DeGeneres: I am who I am. People either like me or they don’t like me, and it’s got nothing to do with if I’m a new judge on Idol.

Cowell: I also think the day people stop screaming at the TV set disagreeing with us, it’s over. If we’re all on the same page, it’d be the most boring thing in the world.

You can read more here.

Photo Credit: Entertainment Weekly