Friday, September 3, 2010

Breaking News: Kara's Out!

This just in from FOX…

Kara DioGuardi is “stepping down” from “American Idol”…

Here’s her quote from the official press release:

“I felt like I won the lottery when I joined AMERICAN IDOL two years ago, but I feel like now is the best time to leave IDOL,” said DioGuardi. “I am very proud to have been associated with AMERICAN IDOL – it has truly been an amazing experience. I am grateful to FOX, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment, as well as the cast, crew and contestants, for all they have given to me. I look forward to my next challenge, and want to thank everyone who has supported me. All the best to everyone on Season 10!”

“Idol” guru Simon Fuller offered this: “Kara is one of the world’s best songwriters,” stated IDOL creator and executive producer Simon Fuller. “She has been passionate and committed to IDOL over the last two seasons. I will miss having her on the show, but I look forward to working with her in music for many years to come.”

Obviously, I’m pretty happy that Kara is gone—no matter what the reason. But I applaud the show for letting Kara leave gracefully.

This announcement means that we should know the new judges very, very soon. TMZ.com is reporting that Jennifer Lopez is a lock except for the signature…

What do you guys think? Are you sad to see Kara go?