Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"Walkin' In Memphis..."

I think tonight’s episode proved that the auditions are better served in one-hour doses. It was a lot less painful…

Here are my thoughts…

Bringing your own marching band and cheerleaders. That’s quite the clever way to get on TV. But they were right. The audition wasn’t good…

If Christopher hadn’t been so weird, he actually had an okay voice…

Did Sundance just look familiar because we’ve seen him on all the promos, or have we seen him somewhere else before? And when Simon said he’d be surprised if he didn’t make the finals, did he mean the final twelve or the final two? I would’ve held my judgment until I saw him weather a theme night…

And it’s clear that Simon is still not the biggest Taylor fan…

“Too desperate”? Maybe Paula is getting meaner…

They tricked us with Travis. When he said the song was very emotional for him, I thought we were going to get a ballad. And was it just me or did “If you ask me to leave” sound like “If you hack me”?...

Okay, maybe Randy’s getting meaner too. He thinks Danielle will be gone in the first minute? Not with those looks and that whispery voice…

I had to laugh at Christopher pausing for the musical interlude of “Footloose.” But Simon’s comments about his wife leaving him were totally cruel. Notice how Simon tried to make up for it with a compliment…

Loved Paula’s cue to Janita to contain herself…

Wow! Sean (the guy with the Castro beard) was awesome! I was totally stunned. When he hit that high note—Yikes! He’s one of my favorites and I really hope he makes it a ways so we can see his makeover…

Why was Randy making that face when Melissa (“For Once In My Life”) was singing if he thought she was brilliant? She’ll be a story in Hollywood with that stage fright…

What in the world was up with the guy in the flower hat pulling handkerchiefs out of his pants?...

And can I just say that I wish these cell phone companies would make up their minds. First, AT&T Wireless became Cingular, and now Cingular is becoming AT&T. Ryan is going to be confused this season…

I have to admit I was stunned when Phillip opened his mouth, because I couldn’t believe he missed his baby’s birth and he couldn’t even sing. But as Randy would say, he worked it out. They’re right that he doesn’t start well…

I can't believe that not one person (that we saw) attempted "Walking In Memphis." I have yet to hear that song done right on the show...

Remember that tomorrow, the show goes back to two hours (the last two hour audition show) beginning at 8 p.m. on FOX…