Friday, January 26, 2007

Poll: The Best "Idol" Performance and Song Ever?

In a recent interview with VH1, Randy Jackson told his choices for best “Idol” performance ever and the best song recorded by an Idol.

So, I thought I would start the weekend by posing those questions to you. What do you think was the best performance ever on “American Idol” and what is the best song recorded by an Idol so far?

For Randy, the best performance ever was Fantasia doing “Summertime” in season three. His choice for the best Idol song? Kelly Clarkson’s “Breakaway.”

For me, it’s hard to beat Bo Bice’s a capella masterpiece “In A Dream” from season four, but I think Constantine Maroulis’ “Bohemian Rhapsody” in the same year came pretty close.

As for the best song, as much as I love “Breakaway,” “Since U Been Gone” is just pure genius. And I really wish Carrie Underwood’s people would give “Some Hearts” another shot. Releasing it on the pop chart at the same time as “Jesus, Take the Wheel” was a bad move since “Hearts” is easily a #1 country song that could eventually cross over…

So what are your choices? Just post a comment to get us started…