Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Carly Closes the Show

Carly Smithson, “Shadow of Your Smile”: ___
I’m going to have to let you guys score this one, because I just can’t be impartial when it comes to her. Kudos to Simon for daring to say it wasn’t fantastic. I would like to give kudos to the show for finally confessing Carly’s record deal, but I can’t because they weren’t completely truthful. The way they breezed over it, it was like the label collapsed just as she was about to become a big star and we know that’s not what happened. If anything, she may have led to the label’s collapse since they spent so much money on her.

I think the thing that bothers me the most about her is that you know she received significant coaching in singing and performing when she was signed to MCA (Surely some of that $2 million+ was spent on that stuff.) and I don’t think that’s fair to the other contestants.