Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Current Projects- Work in Progress



BRAINSTORMING

I have a couple of fabrics that need to be used asap-



This is VOYAGE designer wool suiting fabric. 2 meters. It is quite light, yet warm maybe good for a winter dress, something with plain cut like the one in  Burda 11/2010







I also was inspired by Gok's Clothes Road Show (season 3), where he made a cropped jacket with frog fasteners, so I think this fabric could look very funky in a short jacket from Burda 12/2010  - however, I would make it single breasted and used above mentioned frog fasteners ( I have seen some stunning ones on ebay, but will check out our local shop first)








This is a sheer a bit stretch chiffon fabric. Very soft and light. Could make a nice little top/blouse. I regret now not making something out of it last season, when prints like that were a real hit though.


Still don't know really what to make out of it. Will trust my impulses I suppose. It needs a non-transparent lining, if I want to make a dress, but this fabric is so light, I am not quite sure what lining would work. Any ideas? I have a slight feeling it will end up in something like this eventually-



Here we have a shimmery wool blend fabric, I only have about a meter of it- I used it for a project before. It behaves well, but creases easily. My idea for it is a Karl Lagerfeld skirt I blogged about before. Just need to check if I have enough fabric for it.




However, on the other hand, I might go for something different- Patrones 296 had so many lovely styles, it is hard to choose the favourite. Here are some of them...hmmm, all yummy....



and finally, I have a bit of wet-look leather stretch fabric left over and look what I saw on Net-A-Porter.com today: amasing, I think! A bit of gathering and a bit of grosgrain- fab!











So this is what I am up to... have any comments, tips or ideas? Do let me know!