Saturday, July 7, 2007

Kelly's Good News/Bad News Week...

I’m back! Did you miss me?

So let me get back in the swing of things by telling you about the good news/bad news week for Kelly Clarkson.

The good news is that she sold more copies of “My December” in its first week on the charts (291,000) than she sold with “Breakaway” in its first week (250,000).

The bad news is that she only debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200, finishing behind “Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus.”

I warned you that “Hannah” would give Kelly a run for her money. I just didn’t realize how much of a run…

And as happy as I am for Miley Cyrus, Kelly really needed that #1 debut…
In other Kelly chart news, "Never Again" slides to #20 on the Hot 100, while "Sober" has yet to crack the top 50. Kelly's duet with Reba McEntire, "Because of You" is at #52...