Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What's the Best Idol Christmas Song?

So I thought it might be fun in the spirit of the season to open up a debate about which Idol has recorded the best Christmas song…

Now, Mandisa has definitely recorded some good ones and Kimberley Locke is the queen of the Christmas song with all of the AC #1s she’s produced over the years with songs like “Up On the Housetop.” And if I were making a top five list, I would absolutely put Elliott Yamin’s “Jingle Bells” on it.

But for me, there is no argument. The best Idol Christmas song is absolutely, 100 percent, Clay Aiken’s “Don’t Save It All for Christmas Day.”

Clay first ripped that one out for us on the 2003 special, “An American Idol Christmas” (which FOX should so rerun this holiday season). I remember being upset because that song wasn’t on the Idol Christmas CD.

But as good as it was then, Clay nailed it for all time on his 2004 Christmas CD, “Merry Christmas With Love.”

And I’m not the only one who thinks so as this video from his 2005 “Joyful Noise” tour shows…

I get chills every time I watch it…

So what about you guys? What do you think is the best Idol Christmas song?