Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dress 1969

I recently found an old Burda edition (9/1969) and fell in love with those little mini dresses, so sexy yet so innocent. There were a few interesting numbers there, but my eyes were caught by this gorgeous blue high neck dress - I just love the architecture of the bodice , the decorative stitching along the seams, the waist accentuating detail and a girly a-line skirt.

Blue dress on the right
For my choice of fabric I have a couple of options for this projects, but I feel that the scarlet red bi-stretch suiting fabric could be a great choice- just to give this lovely dress a bit of a kick. The only glitch is that the patterns for each dress come only in one size, but they had a tendency to make little dresses in small sizes rather that bigger ones, so wish me luck. It won't be an immediate project to get into as I do tend to brainstorm a lot before anything like this, and quite often even decide against it in the end. But whatever is in store for me, I still feel that this dress is worth sharing with the world.