Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Final Thoughts on Tonight's Show

It’s interesting that during the offseason when competing magazines were reporting contradictory stories, one magazine reported that the show was abandoning the gender split because Executive Producer Nigel Lythgoe didn’t want to give up a talented singer just because of their gender. But I think that is what happened. Based on what we heard of TatynisaWilson, there is no way she deserved to be in the Top 24 over Chris Medina or even Colton Dixon…

But as a whole, I’m fairly pleased with the Top 24. I think the judges did a good job and the talent is outstanding. And I’m looking forward to seeing what they bring to the live shows next week…

What do you guys think? Are you happy with the Top 24? Did your favorite make it through?

I’ll have more tomorrow when FOX sends out its press release very early in the morning…