Sunday, February 25, 2007

Congratulations to Jennifer Hudson!


It happened, ladies and gentlemen. An "American Idol" finalist is now an Academy Award winner.

Congratulations to Jennifer Hudson for her Best Supporting Actress Oscar for "Dreamgirls."

In her acceptance speech, Jennifer said, "I didn't think I was going to win." I have to say Jennifer, I was doubting it myself after Alan Arkin upset Eddie Murphy in the Supporting Actor category.

In case you missed it, no, Jennifer did not thank "American Idol," but it wasn't really appropriate, quite frankly, as she gave an emotional speech that paid tribute to her grandmother. "Look what God can do," she proclaimed.

Before accepting her award, Jennifer gave a big hug to her co-star Beyonce (which the director strangely cut away from), but I'm sorry. Beyonce did not look all that happy.

Maybe she was jealous that Jennifer got to hug George Clooney, who presented her award.

And Jennifer looked gorgeous...

I'm sure that "Idol" will make mention of this on Tuesday.

Congratulations again, Jennifer, but how sad is it that we had to wait until 10:3o to see it? At least I can turn it off now...