Tuesday, February 6, 2007

"Other door..."

So instead of giving us an extra two hours of the Hollywood rounds, “Idol” gave us an hour-long bore fest tonight and a clip show tomorrow. Thank goodness the auditions are almost over…

Here are my thoughts on “San Antone-Deaf” or as I’ve called this post, “Other Door”…

What was that look on Paula’s face when Haley (“I Can’t Make You Love Me”) was singing? Did it freak Haley out when Paula said she was sexy?...

I would look for Baylie (“Stronger”) to go far…

At first I thought that a segment on “the other door” was stretching it a little, but it was actually funny. Let’s get that fixed for next year, okay?...

Sorry, I’m with Randy. William (“Amazing Grace”) was funny. But did you see the shock on Randy’s face when William’s cousin started singing? I thought for sure he’d be bad. Nice answer to Simon’s boredom with “Let’s Get It On”…

Sandy (“Black Velvet”) was awesome (awesomely bad, I mean)! I’ve never heard those lyrics before…

Kudos to Simon for fighting for Ashley. She had a great voice and deserved to move on. I’m glad she was still around so they could bring her back in…

Last week’s Los Angeles show got a lot of criticism for not showing us enough good singers. It was nice to see that remedied in this one…

I really liked Jimmy’s choice of “Cupid” for his audition song. He was cool…

Don’t forget that tomorrow’s show (at 9 p.m.) is “The Best of the Rest”—which is basically the same show we’ve been getting, there’ll just be more than one city in the hour.

And if you’re thinking that “Idol” is milking this audition thing for too much, I couldn’t agree more…