Tuesday, March 6, 2007

The Top 8 Guys: Back to Blah

So for their last performances before the top 12 are announced the guys decided to go back to blah, leaving the judges to say only four of them deserve to be in the top 12 (They didn’t say which four.).

And let me take a minute to give some props to Paula Abdul who has really stepped up her game as a judge over these past few weeks. I think even Simon has been taken aback…

So, here’s a breakdown of the blah…

Blake Lewis, “All Mixed Up”: 18
His pitch wasn’t perfect but the choice was original.

Sanjaya Malakar, “Waiting for the World to Change”: 8
Remember what I said about how contestants should never do songs currently on the charts? Maybe that will finally be the end of Sanjaya. I was probably a little harsh, but I am SO done with him!

Sundance Head, “Jeremy”: 12
It was a good song choice, but hardly any of it was on key.

Chris Richardson, “Tonight I Wanna Cry”: 12
After wowing the judges with his upbeat performance Chris does a country ballad? And finally someone (Simon) said something about his nasal voice.

Jared Cotter, “If You Really Love Me”: 14
This was probably the best of Jared’s performances but I am so done with Stevie Wonder songs.

Brandon Rogers, “I Just Want to Celebrate”: 14
The fact that Simon called him Travis should tell you how unmemorable he is.

Phil Stacey, “I Need You”: 15
I actually disagree with the judges here, because I thought it was a gutsy song choice and I really liked the arrangement. He just didn’t nail it and the screaming between phrases didn’t help matters.

Chris Sligh, “We All Wanna Be Loved”: 16
This was actually a good performance, it just seemed blah to me. Maybe it was the effect of the entire night.

So who should go home? Do I even need to say it? Please America, do the right thing and send Sanjaya home. This is getting painful!

As for the other eliminated contestant, I think it’s a toss-up between Brandon, Jared and Phil. I think the four the judges were referring to were Blake, Sundance, Chris and Chris.

So, will the girls give us the same or will they bring it once again? We’ll find out tomorrow night at 8 on FOX…