Monday, April 16, 2007

Country Week: What Will They Sing?

I know I’ve jampacked this blog today, but since this week’s theme is pretty well-defined, I had to ask all of you what you thought the finalists should/will sing Tuesday.

Now since I’m not a country fan, this one’s a little tough for me, but…

Even though it may be a bit of a risk, I’d like to see Jordin do something by Carrie Underwood like “Before He Cheats” or “Jesus, Take the Wheel”…

For some reason, I’m feeling Rascal Flatts’ “What Hurts the Most” as Chris’ choice. No doubt he’ll butcher it and mess up the words and the judges will gush anyway…

As for Melinda and LaKisha, remember that it was country week that tripped up Mandisa, so this will be tricky for them. I’d look for one of them to do “Can’t Fight the Moonlight” if Jordin doesn’t…

With Phil, I’m getting a Garth Brooks vibe. Maybe “The Dance” or “Thunder Rolls”…

For Blake, I really can’t think of anything. Johnny Cash, maybe? This will be a tricky choice for him as well…

And finally, Sanjaya. Maybe he’ll be inspired by his run-in with Billy Ray Cyrus and do “Achy Breaky Heart” with a mullet?...

Notice I did not include any songs from Martina McBride (this week’s coach) or Faith Hill. They’ve both been overdone…

Now, it’s your turn. What do you think the top seven will/should sing?