Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sanjaya Speaks...

So what did the most controversial “Idol” contestant ever have to say about his elimination?

What happened to him this week? “Honestly, I’m not a country singer. I think that really took a toll on me, and I didn’t have enough really strong performances to have people forgive me for that.”

What about Simon? “From the beginning, I think that Simon saw potential in me, and when I didn’t fill that potential, he was kind of disappointed…He’s very opinionated, but I learned more from him than from anyone else while I was on the show.”

Sanjaya said it still hasn’t hit him how much of an impact the show has. He said he’s considering getting a bodyguard.

About Ashley, aka crying girl, he said he thought it seemed “unnatural” that he could have that effect on someone. On “The Tonight Show,” he joked that he thought she was going to dehydrate from all the crying.

Sanjaya received his GED after his sophomore year, so he viewed “Idol” as his junior and senior year of high school. He hopes to get into Berklee School of Music.

And for the record, Sanjaya means “spiritual psychic”…