Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Will "Idol" Show the Finalists Some Charity?

After last night's show, I couldn't stop thinking about how the elimination would be totally out of place with the whole "Idol Gives Back" theme. I mean, two hours of how charity can change the world and then--BOOM!--someone's dreams are shattered. I started thinking that maybe "Idol" should show the finalists some charity and not eliminate anyone this week.

Apparently, I'm not the only one with that thinking...

"Entertainment Weekly" is speculating that a non-elimination round may be what Ryan was referring to when he said we were going to get a big shock tonight.

Normally, I would say that's unfair and that they shouldn't change the rules halfway through, but since we're in the middle of all this hoopla and the Idols had one less day to rehearse (The show was actually taped on Monday.) and the elimination would get zero attention anyway, I think not eliminating anyone tonight is a good idea...

Thoughts?