Tuesday, March 24, 2009

David Cook Takes Action Against "Disturbing" Fan Behavior

In a post called “Attention!” David Cook posted the following on MySpace…

Hey everyone,

First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who has been coming out
to the shows since my last post. The vibe at these shows has been amazing.

Secondly, I have to address some behavior that has become disturbing.
We pride ourselves on being accessible to you as fans, but in contrast, we do
enjoy what little privacy we can muster. To that end, the efforts by some fans
to find our hotel rooms, call our hotel rooms, attach things to our bus, etc.,
is something I have to condemn. This relationship only works when it remains
healthy for both parties, and should this behavior continue, the only thing we
can do is take more preventative measures to maintain our privacy, which in turn
makes us less accessible to you.

I hope this doesn't come off as harsh. I merely want to nip this in the bud so we can continue to have a great experience with all of you at the shows we have coming up. Take care and see you at the next show.
~D

Now I know that you guys don’t like it when I use the “c” word, but I am here to tell you that the cougars do exist and they can be scary.

I’m not saying that every older woman who comes to Cook’s concerts is a cougar, because they’re not. I’m only talking about the women old enough to be his mother slipping him gifts with their phone numbers attached.

If that’s not the definition of a cougar then I don’t know what is…

Kudos to David for posting this. I’m just sorry that it got so bad he felt like he had to take action…