Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Top 10 Results Show: The Pointless Group Lip Synch

There are a lot of stories brewing in the “Idol” universe tonight…

Apparently, Simon Cowell predicted an Adam vs. Danny finale on “The Tonight Show” Monday night with Lil finishing third (I’ve yet to watch it.)…

And apparently, Justin Guarini stirred up a bit of a controversy on “Idol Chat” by pointing out what we all already knew—that the group performances are lip synched…

And Coach Norm Persin is taking his mighty Oaks to the state championship game…

I know that last thing has nothing to do with “Idol,” I’m just really happy about it…

Let’s do this thing…

8:00 Dramatic Intro with Smokey Robinson and clips of the judges with a Ryan voiceover instead of the usual group on the stairs thing. It’s kind of cool…

8:01 Ryan comes down the stairs…Over 36 million votes, the most for any Top 10 in history. I knew it would be a big number because it took forever to get my confirmation texts last night…Ryan previews what’s coming up…

8:02 Ryan intros the judges…Ryan cracks a joke about Kara’s inability to count last night by saying “I’ve got three words for you—Kara DioGuardi.” She doesn’t appear to get it…Ryan asks what was up with Simon and Paula. Ryan says get a room and he says, “We did”…Ryan asks Simon about the joke he made about blowing off President Obama on “The Tonight Show.” Apparently everyone took him seriously…Ryan recaps the Judges’ Save…Recap…I love that they showed Simon rolling his eyes during Megan’s performance…By the way, Michael Slezak of EW.com says that Scott is going home tonight…I’ve got some serious iTunes downloading to do after this…I still can’t believe Simon actually drew on Paula. But more than that, I can’t believe she let him…

8:07 Motown medley with the Top 10. I think this whole thing might be on tape. I’m not sure. My phone rang before I could get a really good look, but whether or not it’s on tape they’re definitely lip synching…I’m not even going to bother telling you what the songs are because this is really just pointless…Break…