Monday, March 30, 2009

This Week's Theme UPDATED

This week’s theme, according to the fine folks at FOX, is “Top Downloads.”

I honestly have no idea what that means but I’m guessing it’s some kind of iTunes chart. Apparently, Paula Abdul told a reporter that it’s “#1 downloads,” which would suggest songs that have hit #1 on the Downloads chart, but I don’t think that’s broad enough. My guess is that it’s the top 100 downloads, either from the current chart or from an all-time iTunes chart…

Whatever it is, it will most likely include current songs, which are always dangerous for the contestants.

But you know that Kara will love every minute of it because it will allow her to make plenty of suggestions about what they should have done. However, she better make her suggestions quickly because tomorrow’s show will be cut by 35 minutes (8 p.m.-9:25 p.m.).

Wednesday’s results show is scheduled to include performances by David Cook and Lady GaGa, although that may be changed due to Cook’s family matters…

UPDATE: The David Cook fans have confirmed for me what I thought I had read somewhere but couldn't find today--that Cook's "AI" performance has already been taped. I really hope that the show actually admits the pre-tape for a change because some fans that don't realize it might get mad that he's appearing on "Idol" when he cancelled concerts.

Photo Credit: Frank Micelotta/FOX