Monday, May 24, 2010

What We Know About the Finale

For those of you who are longtime followers of my “Idol” stuff, you know by this time I’ve pretty much told you everything there is to know about the “Idol” finale.

But this year, I haven’t. Because there’s not much to tell…

Here’s what I know…

Crystal and Lee are singing three songs tomorrow night. What those are has not been confirmed, although it’s usually an encore of a previous song, a new song, and the coronation song…

Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglesias will perform new singles on Wednesday’s finale. Carrie Underwood will do her new single, “Undo It,” which was co-written by Kara DioGuardi. Kris Allen will present Crystal and Lee with the keys to their new Fords and will perform his new single, “The Truth”…

As always, there are lots or rumors about who will be there. There’s a Janet Jackson rumor. And there’s rumors about Chicago and The Bee Gees…

But here’s the big one. At least for me. It’s rumored that Hall and Oates will perform on the show. WOO-HOO!!! The finale likes to bring on acts from the 80s, so I’m holding out hope that’s true. Why they haven’t done a Hall and Oates week yet is beyond me…

I've heard a few other things, but I'm going to keep those to myself because they could be really cool surprises.

We’ll hear much more between now and tomorrow night, so Stay Tuned…