Friday, May 25, 2007

Jordin and Blake now on iTunes...

Jordin and Blake’s “Idol” songs are now available on iTunes…

An EP of studio tracks is now available with “This Is My Now,” “(I Who Have) Nothing,” “A Broken Wing,” “To Love Somebody,” and “Wishing On a Star.” The price is $3.99 for the five songs. You can also buy the songs separately.

The other songs you can buy separately are: “If We Hold On Together,” “You’ll Never Walk Alone,” “On a Clear Day” and “Hey Baby.”

You can also download an EP of studio tracks from Blake, which includes “You Give Love a Bad Name,” “Time of the Season,” “I Need to Know,” “Love Song,” and “When the Stars Go Blue.” The singles you can buy from Blake are “You Should Be Dancing,” “Mack the Knife,” “Imagine,” “This Love,” and “You Keep Me Hangin’ On.”

Only the bundles are available at www.americanidol.com...

I’m guessing this is the Idol way of getting more singles on the chart, although I’m not sure how EPs are charted…

Since I have already downloaded several Idol tracks this season (including most of Blake’s), I will warn you that the recorded versions are not the same as the live performances. Blake’s recorded version of “You Give Love a Bad Name” is more straight-singing than beat-boxing. With some of the other Idol tracks (especially Phil’s “Blaze of Glory”), the recorded versions lack the same passion. I just hope that next year they let us download the actual performances like they did in season five instead of just making me put them on my cell phone…

Since there is still no word on a release date for Jordin (or Blake’s) single, I’m concerned that downloading may be the only way we get this year’s and I think that would be a mistake—especially considering the number of copies those things sell. Plus, since I have every winner and runner-up single ever released (as you can see from this blog’s picture), that would seriously mess up my collection…

I was already upset that they didn’t release a finalists’ compilation CD this year because I was looking forward to hearing what the producers would do with Sanjaya…