Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tuesday's Show: What Will They Sing?

So here's the story on what Jordin and Blake will be singing Tuesday...

They'll sing one song they've performed on a previous show, a new song of their own choosing, and the winner of this year's songwriting competition.
My guess is that Blake will do "You Give Love a Bad Name" or "Time of the Season." Jordin made the mistake of doing her showstopper, "(I Who Have) Nothing" last week, so maybe she'll do "To Love Somebody" this week. Doing "Nothing" again could hurt her.

As for the songwriting competition song, that will be interesting. If you think it was going to get us away from the sappy stuff we've gotten the last couple of years, I wouldn't hold your breath. Most of the 20 finalists in the competition were songs about dreams coming true and climbing the highest mountains--the usual winning song drivel.

One of them, "Someday," was completely depressing with lyrics like "we'll be happy someday."
There were a few good songs that had nothing to do with all that sappy stuff including "Love Me Till the Lonely's Gone," which was a great country song. I also liked "Waking In a Dream," and "In Your Eyes."

But the song I rated the highest was "Tonight." Yes, it had that same sappy stuff in it, but I could close my eyes and see the confetti falling and me starting to tear up as I try to type what's happening without feeling guilty because it's so cheesy. I think it's got the best chance to be the winner.

And if it is, Blake doesn't have a chance. As if he has one anyway...