Friday, May 25, 2007

Jordin Speaks...

If not for the state of Arizona, Jordin Sparks would not be our American Idol today…

You may remember that I told you Jordin didn’t make it through the first round at the auditions in Los Angeles. Well, that was only part of the story…

Last summer, Jordin auditioned in Los Angeles and a producer had her sing a couple of songs. She told her, “I really like your voice, but there’s something missing.” She asked them if they were sure and they said they were and that maybe she could try out in another city. But for Jordin, the next city was too far away…

Until she won the Arizona Idol contest which gave her a trip to Seattle. And the rest, as they say, is history…

I bet that producer feels stupid now…

While all of America was sure that Jordin was going to take the title, Jordin told “Entertainment Weekly” she had no idea what was going to happen. “When Blake and I were standing up there, he was just like, ‘I love you, sweetheart,’ and he squeezed my hand, and I realized that no matter what happened, everything was going to be OK”…

Jordin received a lot of flowers for good luck before the big announcement, but not just from fans. She received them from Blake Shelton, Martina McBride, who congratulated her on her rendition of “Broken Wing,” Badgley Mischka (the designers who designed all of her finale dresses) and Jennifer Hudson. The card from Jennifer said, “A great journey well deserved, Love Jennifer”…

And in case you were wondering, yes, Jordin gets to keep the five Badgley Mischka gowns. But she said she can’t ever wear them again because everyone’s already seen her in them…

After the show, Simon and Randy both told her that she deserved to win, to which she responded, “Thank you. Why couldn’t you have said that on the show?”…

As for what kind of album Jordin would like to do, she told “EW”: “Well, I love all different types of music so I would love to infuse a lot of that into my album. Like I love country, I love R&B, I love pop, I love soul, and I love rock. So I would love to put that all together. Kelly Clarkson kind of did that, with a whole lot of different genres all on her album, and I think that would be really cool. And I want to sing about things that matter to me, things that touch me. Hopefully, I’ll be able to write a little bit on it, too. I’m going to try, and see what happens!”…

Don’t worry, kids. Clive will crush those dreams right quick…