Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Scoop from last night's show: Blake wants Jordin to win!

So the consensus from the “Idol” Nation is that Jordin is going to win, thanks in large part to the songwriting competition winners…

Blake told “Access Hollywood” last night that he did the best he could with it. “I made friends with the song. I shook its hand and said let’s play together.”

Blake said he thinks that the two finalists should be given a final song that is tailor made for them and not the exact same song. I couldn’t agree more, but I know there would be a lot of timing issues there. You may recall that they sort of did that with Ruben and Clay in season two…

But here’s the thing with Blake. He wants Jordin to win. He told “Access Hollywood,” “She was my pick since the beginning. I've never looked at it as a competition. I love the support from the show, it's amazing. So, hopefully that will continue on regardless whether I’m first or second.”

On another note, Laura Saltman of “Access Hollywood” had these comments about Chris Daughtry: “Chris clearly has embraced his inner diva. From where I sit, he has changed big time. He was one of my favorite contestants last year. Every time I interviewed him he gave me a big hug and remembered my name. Last night, he blew right by me pretending to be texting on his cell phone and telling the publicists he had a plane to catch even though he had been hanging out backstage for a good half hour before he left. I saw it the last time I interviewed him in Vegas a few months ago and I can see in his eyes he is not the same person. Something is going on there.”