Monday, March 22, 2010

Breaking News: Mentor and Theme Change Announced

So Miley Cyrus will be mentoring the Idols this week. Makes sense for Teen Idol Week, right? Only according to the press release from FOX, that is no longer the theme…

From the release: “Miley Cyrus will appear as a guest mentor on AMERICAN IDOL and help the Top 11 finalists prepare for their performances on a Billboard No.1 Hits-themed show.”

Why the change? I have no idea, but I’m on it…

Miley will perform her new single from her new movie, “The Last Song,” called “When I Look At You” on Thursday’s results show. Also performing Thursday are Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas, who will sing their new single, “Make A Wave.”

So we kept all the teen idol performers but changed the theme. Okay…

UPDATE: I asked the folks at FOX to clarify the theme and asked why there was a change. I was told--in a pretty short manner--that it was indeed Billboard #1 hits. I was not given a reason for the change. I'm guessing it had something to do with clearance issues and because ther performances were already booked/taped, they had to keep those...

In their defense, I'm guessing they were pretty short with me because they've been getting plenty of questions about it today from reporters who are on deadline, or, like me, had already turned in their stuff. Thankfully, I have awesome editors to take care of that stuff for me...