Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Top 11: Lee Writes Us a "Letter"

Did anybody else find Ryan’s face on the screen behind the Idols incredibly creepy? And what is that flowing shirt Simon’s wearing? Is his fiancé changing the way he dresses?

This week, the Idols are not only competing to survive, but they are also competing for that all important spot on the “Idol” tour, which comes with a pretty nice paycheck…

WOW! We are seriously stalling tonight, aren’t we?...

Okay, I know that Miley Cyrus has local ties and all that, but does anyone else think it’s wrong for her to mentor the Idols on #1 Hits week when she’s only had one #1 song?...And a lifetime of experience? Wow, that’s seriously pushing it…It would make more sense for Teen Idols Week. Still would love to know why the change…

Finally, let’s get this thing started…

Lee DeWyze, “The Letter”: 15
I said in my column today that I thought the Idols should go with older songs as opposed to more current ones, but Lee doesn’t have the stage presence to pull of a jazzy song like this one. And the beat just seemed totally off for some reason. I know the judges (except Simon) loved it, but I thought it was totally pitchy.