Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Auditions Day Five: Zzzzzz…

I thought Omaha seemed like a possibly boring choice, but I didn’t want to pre-judge.

But after watching, I think I was right.

There were some interesting moments, and some strange moments, but nothing terribly entertaining…

Anyone else sensing a pattern here?

Here are my thoughts…

You have to love Chris’ (“Since U Been Gone”) response to Simon telling him he could do the red carpet for his FOX affiliate, however I fear that Simon has set a dangerous precedent. Clever for Chris to suggest that, wasn’t it? …

Oh, Jason (“When You Say Nothing At All”), I was trying to send you the words (I know it was on tape, but still.). I really liked him, so I’m glad they let him through…

Wow, look at Ryan’s muscles!...

At least Ryan (and Paula) had the guts to arm wrestle Rachel (“Tell My Heart to Stop Crying”)…

Poor Ryan. When Sarah (that weird song) said “put your hands behind your back,” why did he do it? She could have crushed him…

Poor Samantha (“I Don’t Know Why”). She was totally thrown off by Ryan at the judges’ table. So what was that about anyway? I get the feeling there was stuff going on between Ryan and the judges that we didn’t see. Why else would he feel the need to stick up for Sarah?

Maybe she threatened to put him in a headlock…

And how about Simon saying that it would be awful to judge with Ryan? Ouch!...

I was a little worried that Angelica (“Power of Love”) wasn’t going to make it—even with her sappy story. Nothing like putting her dad on the spot, though, Ryan…

That “sinister Goth rocker” looked like Cyndi Lauper…

I thought David (“Livin’ On a Prayer”) said he was a rocker. That was really pretty and that sweater looked more like Blake than Chris Daughtry…

I thought I was scary when I hiccupped. What was that sound Paula made?...

There’s something about Leo (“A Song For You”) I really like. His voice sounds a lot like Elliott, but there’s something about his personality…

So, 19 people moved on to Hollywood from Omaha. And tomorrow, it’s Miami…