Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Funniest Audition in Seven Seasons?

So I went into work this morning, walked up to a friend and said, “I want you to know that you are my brother.”

But she didn’t get it because she hadn’t seen “Idol” last night. So we called it up on YouTube and watched all seven minutes of it.

And after hearing her laugh hysterically, it only confirmed for me that Renaldo Lapuz’s audition was one of the funniest I’ve seen in the seven seasons of the show. I usually don’t laugh at the costumed auditions that they plug for the entire show, but this one was special.

But did anyone else notice that the more he sang, the more in tune he got?

I was a little disappointed to discover, however, that Renaldo is 44, making him completely ineligible for the competition anyway.

However, I think he’ll have the last laugh because I feel quite certain there are record companies fighting over him as we speak.

If you missed it, you can check it out here.