Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Auditions Day Six: Miami Yipes

Is it Hollywood week yet?

Alright, I will admit we did get some entertainment tonight, but still..

Here are my thoughts...

Okay, if you’re going to do a “Miami Vice” open, you need to go all the way. That means nothing less than Ryan in a white jacket and pastel shirt…

Belching? Good to see Shannon (“Cry Baby”) has a skill to fall back on. I was really surprised to see that she couldn’t sing. Who was judging those singing contests she won?...

Wow! Simon is in a bad mood! I liked Robbie (“Simple Kind of Man”). But Fiesta String? I’ve never heard it called that before…

Okay, I missed the graphic. How old was Ghaleb (“You Sang to Me”)? I guess he was young enough…

Now, tonight, I have to wonder about Paula…as Simon did…

Was that the first time someone sang to Randy (Corliss, “Take Five”)? Corliss and Britney (“My Guy”) were a lot of fun. Wonder if their friendship will make it through Hollywood?...

A friend of mine just told me he thinks they could end up like Sanjaya and his sister with one crying and the other consoling…

I wasn’t all that impressed with Suzanne (“I Can’t Make You Love Me”). I’ll just have to take the judges’ word for it…

Yes, I know that Jasmine Trias is huge in the Phillipines, but come on! They couldn’t even pick a moment from “Idol” where she was singing on key…

So Simon liked Suzanne, but he thought Raniele (“Natural Woman”) was a hotel singer? I’m with Paula. What?!...

Syesha’s rendition of “Freedom” was the highest version of that song I’ve ever heard. But even though he said he didn’t like it, Simon said yes. She’s got to stop that run stuff, though…

Do you get the impression Simon has somewhere else to be?

“Unfaithful” by Rihanna (Ilsy). Great choice for an audition song…

Okay, I’m surprised. I thought Richard (“God Bless the Broken Road”) would be able to sing…

“American Juniors”? I’m sure that’s a show the producers would rather forget. Hadn’t you?...

But doesn’t Julie (“Me and Bobby McGee”) act just like a child star who’s always had her way? I agree that her performance was not the best, but I thought her voice was as good as some of the others they sent through. That rejection was based completely on personality. She was better when she was 12, wasn’t she?...

Did you see how Simon was almost protecting Paula from Brandon (“I’ll Make Love to You”)? He almost had a voice, if he wasn’t such a jerk. Was that supposed to be funny? Why did they even include that one?...

Only 17 people made it. Yipes! I thought Charleston was supposed to be the worst…

Tuesday, it’s ATL, baby…