Monday, January 21, 2008

Chris’ Words Get Used Against Him

In a previous post, I told you about Chris Daughtry’s interview with RollingStone.com in which he said “Idol” was “in decline.”

Remember that he said he was sure his words would be used against him? He couldn’t have been more right…

After word spread across the Internet about Chris’ comments, an “Idol” producer contacted “Rolling Stone” and told them that Chris had “called to apologize.” Chris said he was “misquoted or taken out of context.”

Chris even posted a message on his website in which he said that the interview didn’t show all the good things he said about the show. “I was never trying to diss the show or bite the hand that fed me so to speak. I was simply giving my input on what I think would spice the show up a bit.”

The website post then gives a link to RollingStone.com, which has posted the transcript and audio from the interview.

The only problem is the transcript (and audio) do not help Chris build his case. Though I wouldn’t say Chris completely dissed the show, he didn’t really say that much good about it either.

I would look for Daughtry to make an appearance on “Idol” later this season to help smooth things over…

You can check out the full interview for yourself here