Monday, January 21, 2008

Clay Vs. “Newsweek”?

Chris Daughtry is not the only Idol catching flack for an interview…

Clay Aiken is taking a little heat from “Newsweek” after he refused to answer certain questions during an interview about “Spamalot.”

The questions Clay wouldn’t answer pertained to the Kelly Ripa incident and the altercation he had with a woman on a plane. Clay told the reporter, “I thought ‘Newsweek’ would be more reputable. I’m surprised…It’s not the ‘National Enquirer.’ I’d hate to have a job where I had to be rude to people.”

Clay told “Entertainment Tonight,” “There are so many other things in the world that are more important. ‘Newsweek’ usually does hard news. I think it’s the press that cares about dirt, so that’s what they print.”

One interesting tidbit we did get from the “Newsweek” interview is that Clay has had Depends thrown onstage that say, “Your older fans love you too”…

Clay also told “ET” that he hasn’t watched “Idol” in three years. “It stresses me out so much. I compare it to high school. I needed college to understand and know what I know now. Most people wouldn’t be where they are if it weren’t for their education. I see ‘Idol’ in the same way and I wouldn’t be where I am without it, but I don’t still go to my high school football games.”

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Clay? I just know we could be really good friends because I can totally relate to where he’s coming from…

As for his refusal to answer certain questions, can you blame him? He thinks he’s doing an interview about his Broadway debut, but instead the reporter only wants to know about things that happened a year ago that people just need to get over…

Wait! Does that mean I should get over my grudge against Kelly Ripa?...