Monday, March 1, 2010

Joe Munoz: I'm pretty proud of myself"

The elimination of Joe Munoz Thursday night was pretty confusing to me. And it was obvious from Friday’s media conference call with Joe that he was just as confused as I was.

Here’s some of what he had to say…

On what he’ll do next: “I really love pop music, so I’m just a pop guy, and I see myself doing a pop record. Also, there’s a lot of artists doing a lot of things right now, so I really want to be that kind of artist, just being in musical theater, on TV, and make records for people.”

On whether he would change anything: “I don’t think I would do anything different. I’ve been really comfortable with all the decisions I’ve made and I’m pretty happy with what I did, and I’m pretty proud of myself.”

On why he was eliminated: “Honestly I have no idea. This is such an unpredictable show. You really never know what’s going to happen. So I was just keeping my mind clear and not trying to think much about it, and just did the best I could.”

On whether he was doomed by a lack of screen time: “I don’t think so, because other people didn’t get screen time at all and then they got through. I just think – I don’t know, I try not to think about it that much. I just did the best I could and I was really proud of what I did. And even though the outcome wasn’t the best for me, I have faith that things will get better after this.”

On whether he was surprised by his elimination: “A lot of things were going through my mind, honestly, but I was just trying to keep calm and – it’s so unpredictable, you don’t really know who’s going to go home, so I didn’t want to get over confident. But that’s basically what happened last night.”

Photo Credit: Michael Becker/FOX