Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top 12 Guys: Final Thoughts

Wow! This is a tough one. We know that only the top five male vote-getters make it into the finals for sure. Then it’s up to the judges to save anyone they feel they need to with their wild cards.

So, who do I think will be in that top five? I think Casey and Jacob are locks. People seem to really like James Durbin, so I’d put him in there. And I really think Scotty sang his way in tonight. That only leaves one spot…

I said in my H-D column today that Robbie was a lock unless he totally bombed. And in all honesty, I think he came pretty close. But, I think he’s still pretty popular, so I’ll give him the edge. Clint gave a better performance, but I don’t know that he is as well-liked. And he may still have the stench of that whole Jacee thing on him. I thought Paul was awesome, but I don’t know if he’ll make it through on votes. If he doesn’t, I think he’ll absolutely be one of the wild cards.

Looking at it another way, I think Tim definitely won’t make the top five given his performance. I think Jordan is also in that boat, because his performance was bad and he’s got that cockiness that doesn’t come across all that well. And Jovany has the looks, but his performance sounded even worse during the recap. I don’t think his chances are good either…

What do you guys think? Who do you think will make the top five guys? And was there anyone who really disappointed you?