Thursday, March 3, 2011

Top 24 Results Show: The Wild Card Round Begins

9:14 We’re back…Ryan asks Randy if they got it right. Randy says it’s a great Top 10. I agree…Ryan breaks it down for us. The judges will pick some of the singers to sing again and they can sing any song from the competition so far…JLo says they’re picking six…JLo says three guys and three girls…Randy picks Ashthon first. You knew she’d be in the mix…She’s doing “And I Am Telling You (I’m Not Going).” NICE!...She’s moving right in front of the judges. She is gutsy…So who will be next? I think Robbie will definitely be one of the guys and probably Clint…She missed those last notes a little, but it was pretty intense. She sang like she was singing for her life, which she is…The judges are playing it pretty safe and vague here…

9:18 JLo says Stefano is next. I thought that might be the case…Stefano is doing “I Need You Now”…And he is seriously bringing it…JLo is very excited. Clearly she’s his champion…JLo says there’s no way to not get it right and no way to not get it wrong with this group. Perhaps the show chose the wrong season to eliminate the semifinals? More on that later…I’m thinking Julie and Naima will be the other girls…After the break…