Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adam Lambert Makes A Case For "No Boundaries"

Sometimes the studio version of the atrocious “Idol” song actually improves it enough to make us understand why it was chosen to begin with.

And when I downloaded Kris’ version this morning, that was almost the case. It was WAY better but I’m not sure if it was enough.

And then just for kicks I downloaded Adam’s version and listened to it. And something amazing happened. I actually heard it. I heard the magic of the song. I saw the confetti coming down. But then I had to remind myself that this was not the winner’s version…

Adam’s version absolutely saves the song with its moody chords and rock guitar riffs. If we had heard this version Tuesday night, well, I won’t say the outcome would have been different, but I might have thrown a few of my votes Adam’s way.

You can listen to both versions here. I think you’ll agree that the difference is stunning. Both versions are now available on iTunes…