Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Did America Get It Right?

Did America get it right? You bet they did! I feel like standing up and singing “God Bless the U.S.A.” because I am SO proud to be an American right now…

The judges and the show did everything they could to try and force a Danny-Adam finale on us, but justice won out and the best two contestants emerged victorious.

I had an inkling when I saw the crowds for Kris and they completely dwarfed Danny’s—and Adam’s for that matter. But I was afraid the show was just teasing us. I guess no matter how hard they tried, they couldn’t contain the Kris fans.

I know this isn’t what the show or the judges wanted, but guess what? This is actually going to be a better show, because I think Kris is more capable of competing with Adam. And the judges can throw him under a bus all they want now, because America has proven that they’re not listening.

In my column and in this blog, I urged you to not listen to the judges and vote with your heart and that’s clearly what happened. Congratulations, America. You deserve a big round of applause for your efforts…

And now the real fun starts…

I will have MUCH more in the next several days as news breaks about coin tosses, song choices and more, so be sure to keep checking back with me. Now, I’m going to go declare my happiness on Facebook and watch the last 45 minutes or so of “Lost”…

Henderson, out!