Friday, May 1, 2009

Clarifying Matt's Comments

The fine folks at FOX sent me the transcript of the conference call with Matt Giraud, so I wanted to clarify some of his comments...

Here is his entire quote about not going into the competition to be the American Idol:

"No, I never came in wanting to be The American Idol, you know my dream was to play that piano on that stage, my dream was to sing jazz on that stage, my dream was to meet the mentors, that was like dreams come true to me, it wasn’t like man, if I win. Do you know what I mean? Yes, there are definitely a lot of perks and I’d like it and I was fighting for it, but that wasn’t the goal, I’m not kicking myself because I’m not winning. I think that obviously we’ve seen past Idols who go home in fourth and fifth place do even better than the Idol, so all hope is not lost."