Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sad News From the "Idol" World...

Some extremely sad news from the “Idol” world today…

David Cook’s brother, Adam, passed away yesterday.

David shared the news today at the 12th annual Race for Hope 5K in Washington, D.C., where he was serving as grand marshal. The race raises money to support finding a cure for brain cancer.

According to EW.com, he said, “Like everybody here, I'm affected by this disease. I actually lost my brother yesterday to a brain tumor. I couldn't imagine...I couldn't imagine being anywhere else right now…I lost one today, but I've gained 9,000 and I will be here every year that they will have me.”

A friend of the family told the Associated Press that Adam had stopped his chemotherapy treatments earlier this year because they had stopped helping.

Fans can make donations to David’s Race for Hope team in Adam’s memory through September 30th here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cook family...