Thursday, March 5, 2009

Final Thoughts...

So my hero Denise just called me to say, “That was good.”

“Yeah,” I told her. I can’t believe we fell for it.”

But here’s the real question. Is that actually the big surprise that they promised us or is there more to come? Maybe they will have to adjust the format a little to accommodate a Top 13? As I told you before, I still think there’s got to be more…

And now, I ask the question, did the judges get it right? Again, I’m torn, because they went the way I thought, but if I had to choose four from the eight, I would’ve picked Anoop, Matt, Jasmine and Ricky. I think it’s sad that the judges couldn’t acknowledge what a good performance Ricky gave because they had already made up their minds not to pick him.

It honestly does appear that there was a great debate over Jesse and Jasmine, but I think the judges made the right call on that one.

So now, the Top 13 is set. But what happens from here, I’m honestly not sure.

We know that Kanye West and Kelly Clarkson will be part of the show, but is one of them a mentor? And if they are, what is the theme?

And according to the calendar, in order to get a final two, there will need to be a double elimination at some point, so when will that be?

I’ll have much more for you tomorrow. For now, I’m going to make some hot chocolate, eat some Girl Scout cookies and watch some “Friends”…

Henderson, out!