Thursday, April 23, 2009

After the Break...

Greg Hern, 15, doing “Simple Man.” Finally a guy! I think these young people could give the “Idol” contestants a real lesson in song choice.

Chelsea Stepp doing “The Climb.” I love her top.

Okay, you guys know I’m not a country fan, but I’m ready to start me a country band with some of these girls…

Alyson Snyder doing “I Run to You.”

Can I just say for the record that I’m glad I’m not judging because this is going to be a tough choice…

Allison Conley is doing “Lift Your Voice,” my favorite “Hannah Montana” song. It was a great choice for her.

Rrandy Rydell doing “This Land Is Your Land.”

Let me apologize again if I get any names wrong because the list I was following is now incorrect, so I have no idea who’s singing now.

Amber Riffe, 12, doing “Rockin’ Robin.” The crowd gets into that one. Thank goodness she didn’t “caw” and flap her wings.

Allison Rowe, 15, “Broken Wing.” I now see that the judges also have the same incorrect list that I have. Glad to know I’m not the only person struggling here. Of course, it’s probably more important that they get the names right more than me.

Devon Hale, 17, ”It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday”
Hearing that beautiful voice come out of a guy in a “Tomcat Hit Squad” t-shirt reminds me a little of “High School Musical.” And you guys know I’m a sucker for that.

Lindsey Cyrus, 16, singing “I’m Going Down.”

Again let me say it’s a good thing I’m not judging, because I would be giving perfect scores in song choice to everyone. These kids know what’s best for them to sing.

Madison Jackson, 13, singing “The Way I Loved You.” Okay, I am jealous of everything about her. She looks fantastic and she has a pretty Dido-like voice. She’s got a fan club too.

Now, we're taking a break...