Tuesday, April 28, 2009

So Who's Going Home?

I know I focused an awful lot on Simon tonight, but I just couldn’t help it. This is the time of the season when we start to see him try and exert his influence on the audience and he certainly did that tonight. I’m just a little surprised that he has chosen to throw his support to Matt, when he had just started to show Kris the love he deserves. Does he honestly think Matt would sell more records?

So who’s going home? It should be Matt, but I think all that love he got from Simon, plus his status as the underdog will keep him alive and Allison will go home. The fact that Kara championed her probably won’t help Allison either. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Kris makes an appearance in the bottom group after going first and then getting thrown under the bus by Simon.

What do you guys think? Will Allison go home after the best performance of the night, or will America ignore Simon and do the right thing? And was anyone else surprised at how good of a mentor Jamie Foxx was?