Thursday, April 9, 2009

Breaking News: Next Week's Theme

So next week’s theme is “Idol At the Movies” as the Top 7 sing “songs from the cinema,” according to the FOX press release.

So, which Academy Award winning singer or songwriter will be their mentor? None of them. Their mentor will be Quentin Tarantino.

Now, before you guys go all WHAT?! on me, let me remind you that Tarantino was also a mentor during season three’s movie week. He’s apparently a big fan.

You know that Adam is super-psyched already...

I’ll have my thoughts on what I think they should sing later, but right now, let me put in a vote for the song absolutely none of them should sing—“Against All Odds.” We are SO done with this song on “Idol.” So, don’t even think it, Danny or Anoop…

Next week’s performances during the results show will come from Jennifer Hudson and Miley Cyrus, but they have both already been taped…

What do you think? Do you like the theme and Tarantino’s guest spot? And what movie will the show promote by having the Idols go see it and then talk about it during the results show?