Sunday, April 19, 2009

Is Simon Leaving "Idol"?

This weekend, I’ve been trying to catch up on all of the things I haven’t told you guys about. One of those things is the interview Simon Cowell gave that hints he may leave “Idol”…

In talking about juggling his three shows and the numerous transatlantic flights he must make each week because of them, Simon told the U.K. “Mirror, “[T]here is a point where I am not sure we can keep this schedule up. It takes longer and longer to make these shows because you have to put more into them, and I am not sure we can sustain me doing three shows a year, with the record label and the TV production company. Most people do one show a year and I do three and they involve a lot of travelling. One may have to go. I don’t know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. I can’t imagine not doing ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and I can’t imagine not doing ‘X Factor.’ But I guess America is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end.”

So could “Idol” survive without Simon? I suppose it could, but who would really want it to?

You can read the rest of the interview here
Photo Credit: FOX