Thursday, April 23, 2009

Some More Good Ones Take the Paramount Stage

Gillian Spencer, 23, is doing “When God-Fearing Women Get the Blues.” It’s a popular choice with the audience.

Ashley Chapman, 24, is doing “More Like Her” and her fan club likes it. Again, another one I don’t know, but again another great choice. And she’s dressed perfectly for the occasion.

Rachel Coleman, 23, is doing “Gimme One Reason.” She turns it into a slow ballad. I don’t think I’ve ever heard it like that before. It was pretty and I don’t think I’ve ever used that word to describe that song before.

Bobby Blanton, 29, is doing “Barbed Wire and Roses.” He gets the audience into it immediately. I think he’s the first one to really do that tonight. And they really liked it. He’s going to get major points for entertainment. The ladies really liked him too.

Seth Sammons, 30, is doing “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do.” He’s doing the ballad version. And I love how he’s combining the preppy sweater vest with the ripped jeans. It’s so Blake Lewis. Pretty falsetto too.

Tracy Brown, 31, is also doing “Stay.” She goes right to the chorus and skips the verses. I’m jealous of her growl. I so wish I could do that.

Lori Robinson, 31, is singing “At Last.” The audience likes this one as she puts every bit of emotion into it that she can. That was a great way of condensing that to a minute.

Isaac Adams, 32, is doing “Bless My Soul.” And he just took us to church with that one. That was VERY pretty. And that was the first wow from Cindy.

Samantha Markhel is doing “I’ll Be.” She doesn’t step up really close to the microphone so everyone is being really quiet. I hope she can’t hear me typing from the stage.

Alicia Barker, 33, is doing “The Real Me.” Woo-hoo! Bring on the Clay Aiken…

Okay, I’m sure someone else has done that song, but I’ll always go for the Clay reference first…