Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Day After...

So the day after an “Idol” performance show, I always do some checking of other blogs/sites to see what things I missed.

And leave it to Michael Slezak of EW.com to produce this interesting tidbit:

“Side note: Did anyone notice that Randy tried to stop Kara from going first in critiquing Kris? From what I could tell, the newest and shrillest judge didn't get the memo that the producers were returning to a left-to-right judging format tonight, and after she ignored Randy's signals and kept on yapping, Simon appeared to scratch his face using his middle finger, while making a knowing glance in Randy's direction. (Thanks to PopWatch reader JulieM for catching that sneaky latter maneuver!) The plot, as they say, thickens! But from Danny's performance onward, Randy went first for the rest of the night.”

I rewound the tape. All of that did happen, although I’m not sure that the middle finger thing was intentionally aimed at Kara. But I have to say it would be funny if it was…

And by the way, let me applaud the show for returning to the familiar Randy first, Simon last formula. That’s the only way to do it…

I have to admit I also missed another of Kara’s patented brain freezes (I guess I just expect them by now.) when she said Adam looked like “the guy from ‘Saturday Night Live’ meets Clark Kent.’” I believe she meant “Saturday Night Fever”…

It was hard not to notice the frustration on Anoop’s face when he finished his song. I thought it was just because he botched that last note. But according to Slezak, he also botched the lyrics more than once. Since I’m not familiar with the song, I’ll just have to take his word for it…

Tonight we’ll be treated to a performance by David Archuleta of his latest single, “A Little Too Not Over You,” as well as three Disco icons—Harry Wayne “KC” Casey (of KC and the Sunshine Band), Thelma Houston and Freda Payne—performing a medley of their hits “Get Down Tonight,” “Don’t Leave Me this Way” and “Band of Gold.”

And two people will go home…

It all gets started at 9 p.m…