Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Did America Get It Right?

So, did America get it right? Absolutely 100 percent positively they did. And I salute you, America, for doing so…

If you needed any evidence that sending Megan home was the right thing to do, I submit tonight’s show in which Megan basically made a mockery of the whole thing. First she made stupid expressions, then she flapped her wings and cawed like an idiot. Then she put the other contestants up to doing the same. And finally, she flailed around like an idiot during her swan song.

I could hear Votefortheworst.com celebrating from here…

I understand her wanting to go home and be with her son, but go out with class like Michael Sarver. Don’t make fun of the show that’s made you a household name and will now probably help you make a better life for your child.

No wonder Simon was annoyed…

It will be everything I can do to hold my tongue during tomorrow’s media conference call and keep from ripping her for her behavior. In fact, maybe I should just wait for the taped replay. It might be safer for everyone involved…

So now that Megan is gone, let’s move on to next week and one of my favorite themes—Songs From the Year You Were Born. This annual theme has produced some of the truly great “Idol” performances (Cook’s “Billie Jean,” anyone?) and I’m looking forward to it.

Especially since there will be no cawing…I hope…

So what do you think? Did America get it right?

And one other question. What does Allison have to do to win your love, America?...