Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Paula Digs the Hole Even Deeper

I had planned on making my earlier post my final word on Paula-gate, but she just keeps digging that hole deeper…

This morning, Paula called into Ryan’s morning radio show to explain herself and Ryan gave her a big assist…

Here’s how the conversation went down, according to E! Online:


“So, the kids are coming out, and I'm like 'Oh my God, what do we do?” recalls
Paula. “I just started looking at what I had written down and we've never had to
do this before. I was reading the critique of what I had written for Jason
Castro, and on the same page, I also wrote David. I got lost on my notes. And
that's as simple as it was.”

“So, you were talking about two different
people, but accidentally, you said second song,” confirms Ryan.

What is “Idol” trying so hard to hide here? I can’t see the big deal if Paula just admitted that she took notes on the dress rehearsal, so maybe they are trying to hide that someone writes her stuff for her.

And lest you think I’m the only one that doesn’t believe this crap, here’s what E! Online had to say in its posting:

“Nice save, Ry. But then that's probably why they pay you the big bucks.”

And remember, Ryan works for E!...

I’m betting that Ryan will give Paula one more chance to defend herself tonight, but I’m hoping I’m wrong. I would rather the show dropped it and moved on before Paula digs the hole so deep we can’t find her…

For those of you who missed it, you can see it here. Tell me I’m wrong and that she did mean to tell David Cook that his song wasn’t good enough to get into the top four.