Thursday, April 17, 2008

Kristy Lee's Final Thoughts

Tuesday, I called Kristy Lee the shrewdest song chooser the show has ever seen. But is it possible that what I--and Simon--saw as shrewd was just dumb luck?

Kristy Lee told EW.com that she picked “God Bless the U.S.A.” because her dad is a veteran and it was a song she sang a lot--not for strategic reasons…

And she refused to back down from her “Eight Days a Week” hoedown because all she heard while she was working on it was that it was “good.” I have no idea who those crazy people were. She also said that if Simon had liked it, people would have felt differently. If Simon had liked it, I would have felt a lot differently…about him…

Since I was typing, I missed Kristy’s lyric change last night to “Still I burn on and on/All of my life/Only for a good comment from you.” She said she just did it in on the spur of the moment and didn’t even know what she said. As for the idea to sit in front of Simon, she said she wanted to show him she wasn’t scared of him.

Her original idea was to sit on his lap, but she decided that was inappropriate. You think?…

Interestingly, before the show, Debbie the stage manager removed a sign from the audience that said “Bye, bye Kristy”…