Tuesday, April 15, 2008

David A. Believes...

We begin tonight’s show with a shot of Minnie Driver and then a shot of Teri Hatcher. Please tell me Teri’s not going to sing again…

And Ryan is seriously on his game tonight with his expected “Make sure you vote” speech and saying what we all were thinking about how Randy was going to judge tonight since he always criticizes the Idols for doing big singers. Randy said he’d just have to judge fairly. Yeah, right…

David Archuleta, “When You Believe”: 19
A great song from a great movie. Although I would’ve liked to have heard a little more of the chorus from David instead of the background singers, I thought it was a great performance. I took off one point for that slightly shaky falsetto (What was Mariah thinking?).

But please, stop the swaying hands!

And who did Simon have record that song? I’ll have to look that one up later…