Friday, May 23, 2008

Cook on "Analog Heart": "I was kind of a pawn in that whole game"

During a satellite interview with reporters today, Cook revealed the truth behind the Amazon release of “Analog Heart,” his independent solo CD (as reported on MJ’s Big Blog)…

“'Analog Heart' got released independently in May 2006. I spent a good year
playing and promoting that record as much as I could. A lot of people, thank
God, bought the record. About midway through the season, I had to have the
record pulled, obviously, for fairness issues on the show. And I got it pulled
offline. But somebody, I have no idea who, reposted it on Amazon, so while that
was going on, I was kind of at a loss. I talked to Amazon about getting it
pulled, and there was a bunch of mass confusion about it. I’m extremely
appreciative at how well it did. But
I was kind of a pawn in that whole game.”


I think that FOX News reporter owes Cook an apology…

As I’ve mentioned in the comments, I did manage to get my hands on a copy of “Heart” (Thanks Ryan and Jean!) and I will review it in a future post…